£23,000 to £25,000 Per Annum
Training, 20 days holidays plus bank holidays, Pension, Laptop & Mobile phone
1st Line Technical Support Engineer
LOCATION: Based in Hackney, with some on site work for our Central London clients
CONTRACT: Full-time 37.5 hours/5 days a week
SALARY: £23K DOE
REPORTS TO: Technical Manager
This excellent IT solutions provider, based in the Hackney, but operating as far a central London, has an opportunity for a 1st Line Technical support engineer servicing mainly midmarket companies from 200 to 5,000 users.
Role & Responsibilities
- Operate in a first line support role providing?technical support, advice, and assistance with?technical, hardware and software problems, both for our internal systems and external customer queries.
- Manage and address electronic tickets efficiently, keeping users updated throughoutFull-stack troubleshooting of the Internal IT infrastructure.
- Supporting line of business Cloud infrastructure (AD, Microsoft 365, Exchange, Intune, Teams, SharePoint, printers).
- Building and managing end-user devices through Microsoft Endpoint (Intune)/ Autopilot/ Pulseway RMM.
- Assist with the management of the company’s KnowBe4 cyber awareness training managed service offering to customers.
- Assist in the configuration of servers and end user devices to the specification of the client e.g., installing memory, storage drives, etc.
- Helping to maintain company security policies.
- Assist with packaging and logistics when required
Developing Internal Systems
Though not essential we would ideally like someone who can help to develop and support our internal IT environment and policies. This will involve managing AD, O365, Azure Compute, Palo Alto firewalls, Wireless, LAN and WLAN. This will be in conjunction with our current systems admin staff members.
Developing and maintaining relevant IT policies to ensure security and efficiency within our internal infrastructure i.e. patching, updates, anti-virus, and web and email security, etc.
Successful candidates must have a passion for learning and self-development. Individuals must be keen to remain up to date in chosen technology fields and complement those skills with knowledge of the business’s solutions and service offering. You will have access to vendor accredited training and opportunities to gain certifications will be provided with specific certifications required.
To be successful in this role, you must possess the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of Windows 10, Office 365 and Azure Active Directory.
- Experience with endpoint device hardware configurations.
- Experience of supporting users particularly with Windows 10 and Office 365 Outlook,
- Teams and SharePointStrong understanding of network fundamentals: HTTP/HTTPS, TLS, VLANs, TCP/IP, DNS, NAT, DHCP, 802.11, firewalls, Ethernet/Cabling, PoE, and software systems.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and attention to detail.Ability to communicate complex technical matters both orally and in writing.
Confident in supporting end users in the office and remotely.
Excellent customer service skills and ability to multitask and prioritise in a fast-paced environment.
Bachelor's degree in related technical discipline.
Networking, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Cybersecurity.2+ years professional or internship experience in a technical or IT role preferred.Industry certifications are a plus: CCNP, CCNA, CCENT, CCDA, CWNP, CWNA, MCSE, CEH, Network+, Security+, A+.
Successful candidates should pride themselves on being punctual, ambitious, eager to learn new skills, enthusiastic, outgoing and positive, essay to get on with, with a ‘can do’ attitude as the role may involve lifting heavy boxes on occasion i.e. Servers, Arrays, and assisting with general office maintenance and logistics when required.