Building Construction and Inspection
Plus Health care, and flexible working hours, Company Pension Company etc
Welwyn Garden City,
Building Control Surveyor, Welwyn Garden City,
Competitive Salary plus these benefits, Plus Health care, and flexible working hours, Company Pension Company Car or Car allowance Qualifying company Bonus based of corporate profits Online shop discounts, etc.
The very busy building control service is looking for a Building Control Surveyor to be employed on a permanent basis and based in Luton.
The Building Control Surveyor will be working for a company which works specifically within Local Authority.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a Building Control Surveyor to deliver day to day operational service in line with adopted polices, providing technical advice to stakeholders and staff and help in identifying new income streams and maximise existing income streams.
Responsibilities of Building Control Surveyor are but not limited to:
• Provide technical advice and support to contractors, clients and businesses on a wide variety of complex building control matters which may include sensitive situations and be able to successfully negotiate with relevant parties to reach and agreed resolution within appropriate acts and regulations and adopted policies and within scope of qualifications and experience on complex matters.
• The role of the Area Building Control Surveyor will be focussed either the commercial or residential workloads as determined by the Building Control Team Leaders. The role is to undertake site inspections and write inspection reports, advising the client / contractor works required to ensure adherence to Building Regulations and take necessary actions to ensure these are met.
• Respond to and enforces the process of serving notices under various parts of the Building Act as required (demolition, enforcement, Initial Notices etc) as part of the companies Statutory Powers.
• Working within a Building Control Service that is customer focussed, the purpose is to ensure building and construction works meet Building Regulations and are fit for purpose.
• Approximately 500-700 applications per annum - aiming to increase to 1000 applications per annum. The building control surveyor will be undertaking approximately 6-8 site inspections per day. Skills required for the Building Control Surveyor:
• Must be qualified in either RICS or CABE
• Able to immediately pick up onsite inspections, any experience of enforcement actions.
• Strong up to date knowledge of Building Regs essential (Part B recently updated).
• Experience of promoting and marketing Building Control service to generate income.
• Construction related degree or relevant experience This Building Control Surveyor role is a contract position, based in Luton.
On offer is a competitive salary
Competitive Salary on offer, Plus Health care, and flexible working hours, Company Pension Company Car or Car allowance Qualifying company Bonus based of corporate profits Online shop discounts, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, Private healthcare Member of the Mindful Employer initiative.
For more information, please contact James Hunter Davis on 0203 950 4639