Banking, Finance Capital Markets
£40,000 Per Annum
Holidays, Pension, Descretionary Bonus
Due to expansion in 2021, our clients are currently recruiting for 2 expert Project Managers to join this successful corporation providing services such as, corporate client services, capital Markets, private wealth, Private Capital, and Hedge fund services and much more to its clients.
The full job description and qualities needed to succeed in this role below:
Manager / AVP, Project Management
Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
The successful candidate will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible and will hire new talent as needed to fulfil client needs.
A Project Manager is responsible for planning, overseeing and leading projects from ideation through to completion. This is a senior role at an organisation and requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders, most often managing several moving project parts simultaneously.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Meet with stakeholders to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Coordinating with cross-discipline team members & third parties/vendors to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
- Use and continually develop leadership skills.
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Coordinating the development of user manuals, training materials, and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process or system to the clients.
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Conducting post-project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Proven working experience in project management.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
Project Manager top skills & proficiencies:
- Developing and Tracking Budgets
- Project Management
- Process Improvement
- Performance Management
- Inventory Control
- Verbal Communication
- Demonstrate positive leadership and people management skills and the ability to work well with others, individually and within a group.
- Coordinate performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback, and submission of formalized performance appraisals on designated staff.
- Actively monitoring staffs under special performance monitoring and participating in total compensation planning for the team
- Lead by example and support employee development and growth
- 10-16 years in Financial Services in an operational management or project management capacity.
- Strong analytical, organisational, and decision-making skills; Strong relationship building, influencing and communications skills across all levels of the organisation (IT & Business).
- Would have worked on Business Projects following 6 Sigma, Kaizen & Lean methodologies with good understanding of Robotics, latest tools like Xceptor, Power BI, QlikView, Tableau etc.
- Worked with cross functional and multi geography stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of Portfolio Management processes/tools.
- Strong understanding of SDLC (software development) processes/tools; Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office/Project etc.); Good understanding of financial reports/cost analysis & controls.
- Strong team building skills; Extensive experience working with IT Partners (on and offshore);
- Proactive, creative, driven and results-orientated; Attention to detail, structured and forward thinking.
*This is a great role and if you feel that you have the qulaities this client is looking for we would like to hear from you